Lost my stamina

Angharad

Hello,
I’m fairly new to running, I have been doing it for about 10 months and have been happy with my progress. Started with the couch to 5k programme then downloaded a 10K app. I have been doing pretty well and am up to 9k in about an hour. However, for about a fortnight now I feel that I have no energy, my legs feel really heavy and I don’t know why. I haven’t been ill, no injury or anything. What do people suggest I eat or drink to boost my energy levels on running days.
Thanks very much

stephec

That can be a sign of over training, it might just be that you need to cut back on your speed or distance for the next few weeks.

dmagnin

Hello,
I’m fairly new to running, I have been doing it for about 10 months and have been happy with my progress. Started with the couch to 5k programme then downloaded a 10K app. I have been doing pretty well and am up to 9k in about an hour. However, for about a fortnight now I feel that I have no energy, my legs feel really heavy and I don’t know why. I haven’t been ill, no injury or anything. What do people suggest I eat or drink to boost my energy levels on running days.
Thanks very much
I would almost be certain overtaining or mentally stale:smile: Back off a little and keep up your good consistency ,but give you body a time to heal and your mind a chance to refresh.

Top Bottom